For your spelling homework on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday is to choose one of the activities below to practice your spelling words each night. You may not do the same activity more than once in a week. Complete the assignment in your Spelling Journal.
- Triangle Spelling: Start at the top of the triangle with a single letter of the spelling word and go onto the next line with the first letter of the word and the second letter of the word. Continue adding one extra letter at a time until the word is complete. As an example, the word dog would be "d" at the top, "do" on the next line, and finally, "dog" on the last line.
- ABC Order: Write your spelling words in ABC order from above.
- Tree Map: Create a tree map using the different sounds of the spelling pattern.
- Code Creation: Quickly assign each letter of the alphabet a number (1 – 26). Then write each word with the code for the word next to it.
- Backwards to Forwards: Write each word backwards and then write it forwards.
- Type Your Words: Type your spelling words 3 times each on a computer and print them out.